Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Question about Nadeau

Hello Michael

Can you tell me if the following is documented? "

The true role of Sélim and Salem

There is one other aspect of interest. When Pierre Nadeau, Roger Cardinal and Ronald Labelle passed through Beirut on their way to the Camp el Souf, they learned from a Lebanese intelligence officer that the two persons they would meet were in fact intelligence operatives. The encounter with Sélim a hundred kilometres north of Amman had not been by accident. The RCMP Security Service had engineered the visit to Camp el Souf for precisely that purpose."

The reason I ask is that elsewhere,  I see that the two were supposedly jailed. Was Nadeau aware that he was participating in this RCMP profile creation?

I am particularly interested in pursuing the FLQ crisis, etc. within the context of the NATO-led Gladio operations that, so far, have only been documented in Europe.

Pierre Nadeau was informed by the member of the film crew that had been informed of the true nature of Selim and Salem. That member had been informed by someone with close contact with a member of the Lebanese security or intelligence service. As far as whether or not two members of the film crew were arrested, I recall having seen a media report to that effect. I don't believe this to be important; it was and is common for persons to be placed under arrest as disinformation to cover an aspect of an affair.

An interesting question about Gladio, and Canada did have a participant or observer at the founding meeting of Gladio in, I seem to recall, the 1950's.  It would take some effort to recover the reference but I found it in the open literature. I am afraid I have no definite information on a possible link between Gladio and the October Crisis. There is considerable information, unpublished, on the topic of 'strategy of tension', and association with Canadian antiterrorism and defense of sovereignty and unity in the 1960's and 1970's. A sensitive topic, as you can imagine. For myself, a more interesting and important topic is the collective strategy and operations of Western services and their governments against the whole business of leftism, anti-colonialism, youth-revolt, social and political enlightenment during the 1960's and beyond.

Thanks for your response. If you ever come across the Canada-Nato-Gladio collection, I would appreciate knowing what it was.  My interest is actually the same as yours. I suspect that the "western services and their governments" were deeply connected with the Gladio Op, and in the end the targets were what you are saying. Using the Red Brigade to discredit and incriminate the left is also how the FLQ was used -- with the addition of attacking the sovereigntist cause. The operations we saw all over the globe were a huge offensive against all the good things in life. I recently read a comment by John Turner in the House of Commons on October 16/70 when he was attempting to explain why the government didn't use the criminal code instead of invoking the war measures act.  He said he deeply hoped that one day the Canadian people would get to see the documents that he was privy too. Only then, he said, would we really be able to appreciate why the government did what it did.

I read your book several years back and am procuring another copy now to read it again. Came across one reference to your book so far in a book on the Oct Crisis where, of course, it is written off as a conspiracy theory. It did acknowledge, however, that the case you build would amount to an extremely serious action that goes even further than what was already exposed.  I was impressed by your book. I can't remember though if you actually argue out why Bachand would have been assassinated. Anyway, looking forward to rereading it.

Cheers